Contact UsOffice of Online & Distance Education
2100 Vine Street
P.O. Box 888805
Lincoln, NE 68588-8805
Phone: (402) 472-5515
Fax: (402) 472-4345
Improve your science content knowledge, learn pedagogy that drives learning experiences, and create applicable curriculum with the accredited online master’s degree designed for educators.
The Master of Applied Science specialization in Science for Educators emphasizes:
Science Content Inquiry
- Acquire new and enhance science content knowledge
- Examine science in the context of the world around us
- Integrate science content to age-appropriate pedagogy
- Establish connections between the natural and designed world, linking science and technology
- Apply science content to real-world situations in local community
- Develop relevant, standards-based curriculum materials
- Inspire your students with science in action
Who Should Consider this Degree?* Elementary teachers
* Middle and high school science teachers
* Community college educators
* Extension educators
* Home school instructors.
Why UNLAccredited: Nationally accredited by NCACS.
Quality education: Online courses are taught by the same expert professors who teach on campus, so subject matter is always challenging, current and relevant.
Applicable: Immediately apply what you learn and gain a competitive advantage in the workforce.
Accessible faculty: Faculty and staff are responsive to your needs, creating an interactive community of learners.
Experienced: Chartered in 1869, UNL has offered distance learning since 1929 and online courses since 1995.
Convenient: Flexible, 100% online format allows you to continue to teach as you advance your career and earning potential.
What educators say"Classes provided excellent background information in a concise manner. They gave us great ideas for lesson plans that are hands-on and inquiry-based. The lab earth classes gave me enough information to totally rework how I teach earth science." -- Catherine Schumacher, Nebraska 7-8 grade science teacher
The player will show in this paragraph
Three reasons to take courses.
Professor David C. Gosselin, Ph.D., P.G